Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hunt for Home...

The apartment hunt has begun! I've so far looked at 8 apartments and although they have all had their special attributes (for example: smelling like dirty feet and marijuana), none of them have truly spoken to me.  I'm waiting for that instant feeling of being home and knowing that this is the absolute place you want to be. 

On one viewing I took Melisa and Zai with me. The place was disgusting. It smelled so bad in the halls when we walked in and I immediately had to stop making eye contact with my cousin because I knew I was on the verge of hysterical laughing.  To make it worse we walked into this very blue apartment.  It must have been the sale paint of the week and Melisa being her positive self made a point to say how blue it was.  Zai at 5 was also wildly impressed he would walk into a room and say "oh, you have a kitchen. Oh, you have your own bedroom, Oh, you have a green sink!"  I was ready to bust and had to hold the tears of laughter welling up in my eyes while trying to fight back the nausea growing in my stomach from the stench of the place.  We finally emerged into the fresh air thank full to put it behind us. 


Despite not having apartment I have found a town that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.  Every time I walk through it I get goosebumps and have that rush of butterflies in my stomach.  Its so friendly and cozy.  Maybe I'll throw a cot in the back of my mini-van, park it downtown and call it a day...... 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like you've seen some interesting places out there! lol

    Keep in touch, and let us know when you get a place! :)

    ReplyDelete